If you’re looking to spice things up this Valentine’s Day, look no further! We’ve complied a list of ideas from 10 local Winnipeg companies that would make an amazing date night or day for you and your special someone, best friend, sister, mom, daughter, you name it!
1. Treats by T - They’ve got everything from cupcakes, to heart-shaped hot cocoa bombs, cakesicles (cake on a stick), strawberry rose bouquets and V-Day gift sets! We’ve been eyeing the rosé infused chocolate covered strawberries...
2. Make your own heart shaped pizza from Calabria Market - Because what could be cuter, right?! Their Valentine’s Day pizza kit includes 4 heart shaped shells, sauce, and toppings! They’ve also hand picked a selection of red, white and rose wines to pair!
3. Order a V-Day themed charcuterie box from Peckish Winnipeg. These cute boxes feature special treats from local companies including Flour and Flower Winnipeg, Kings Truffles and Fancy Infusions. It comes with an assortment of meats, cheeses, crackers, nuts, fruits, veggies and sweet treats.
4. Date night Delivered Winnipeg Box - Their February box will transport you to Europe, where you’ll visit 3 different countries and experience custom playlists, games and recipes curated to each location. Their boxes also feature local products, decorations and an after dark game ;)
5. Kendrick’s Outdoor Adventures - Get outside and explore our beautiful province on a fat tire bike or snowshoes. Kendrick’s offers outdoor equipment rentals suitable for all ages and fitness levels. The Assiniboine Forest, The Forks and Birds Hill Park are just a few of their top suggestions of trails to explore!
6. Make a meal together with Deluca’s Valentine’s Day Dinner Box - These boxes feature everything you need to make a beautiful 4 course dinner in the comfort of your own home! Each box includes a salad, pasta, entrée, dessert and a bottle of wine!
7. Cookie Decorating Kits by Sweet Impressions - These DIY Valentine’s themed cookie kits come with pre-made sugar cookies, sprinkles, icing and decorating sticks. Their Luxe kit even includes individual bags & ribbons so you can gift them to your loved ones! If you’re like us and not the DIY type, not to worry. They’ve got a ton of pre-made cookies, gift boxes, cupcakes and more.
8. Enjoy a Night in With Fortify. This curated dinner for two features fortify favourites including the raspberry cocoa slice, salty cheesy popcorn, a beautiful charcuterie and more. Everything is plant-based, dairy-free, gluten free and delicious!
9. The Amazeincorn Snow Maze - Located in St Adolphe, this Snow Maze actually won the Guinness World Record in 2019 as the largest snow maze ever created! It features over 2500 meters of maze, snow sculptures and entertainment for the entire family.
10. Festival Du Voyageur - The longstanding Festival starts on Feb. 12th and while their celebrations will be modified this year, there's still a ton of fun events you can take part in! They have French Canadian meal kits available to take home and enjoy with a virtual show, virtual versions of their classic contests and tons of outdoor activities including visual art installations of snow, ice and wooden sculptures (as long as current public health orders allow).
And if you're looking for gift ideas for your special someone, we can help there, too! We've hand-picked a selection of ideas in our Valentine's Collection!